The mission of Columbia County Homeschool Tuesday Co-op is to:
- Provide science and other academic enrichment classes to homeschool families in our area
- Offer classes to supplement the curriculum students are completing at home
- Include all students from nursery to 12th grade
- Uphold Judeo-Christian values and ensure that theories are taught as theories
- Provide a place for homeschool parents to gather together for support and ideas
- We meet weekly every Tuesday during the school year, following the Scappoose Public School Calendar.
- Every parent participates in our co-op as teachers and helpers.
- While it is our goal to have parents teach subjects and age groups they are familiar and comfortable with, because we are a small group, this is not always possible. Our parents understand this and rise to the occasion, knowing they have the support of the other parents.
- Class levels are combined in the way that best fits our size and number of parent teachers and helpers available.
- Co-op members are not required to be Christian, but parents do agree to uphold Judeo-Christian values and to teach theories in science as theories, not as fact.
- We participate in a Facebook private group page titled, “Columbia County Tuesday Homeschool Co-Op”